Monday, April 30, 2012

Custom pencil portraits on Daily Candy Kids today!

MerMagDailyCandyKidsPortraitCoverageHello friends! So we all know it's helpful to drop a few hints before Mother's Day to let our loved ones know what would be extra special for us, right? And Daily Candy Kids is here to help us out! Today they were so kind to mention my individual pencil portraits, found in my shop here, as a great suggestion for Mother's Day, and I couldn't agree more!

If you are considering commissioning a custom pencil drawing, here are few helpful hints on how the whole process takes place. To start, you can go to my shop and purchase the individual pencil portrait. From there I would then need to you to send me (either via email or Etsy convo) at least 2-3 decent sized, up close and clear photos of your child (these don't have to be professional or studio quality, just well lit, and enough detail to really see the person in the photo). This helps me to really get a feel for not only what they look like but what their personality is like as well.

Below are some before and after shots that showcase some great initial photography (the clients also provided a number of other photos the helped me with clothing choices, true looks and personality).
 portraitexample1 portraitexample2 portraitexample4 portraitexample3

portraitexample5
I then ask for a two week turn around time, not including shipping, to complete the portrait. So that means if you are looking for a portrait for Mother's Day this year, Sunday May 13, then you would need to order asap :)!

Once the pencil portrait is complete I will then send a jpg version along to you in an email to make sure you are happy with it. If you need a few tweaks form there, I'm happy to work that out for you  (most are super happy on the first go around and providing great photos from the start helps to make this happen!).

So if you are in the market for some Mother's Day magic, get those photos of your little darlings together and get on over to my shop (or have your loved ones do it for you :)) and purchase the portrait today! I can only do so many before Mother's Day and slots are guaranteed to fill up fast!


5 comments:

Crystal Souter said...

These are all so adorable! You have such beautiful style. I definitely need to get one of these done for our kids soon.

mer said...

and your kids would be so cute to draw!

cathi mingus illustration said...

LOVE your art! Your portrait work is wonderful:)

Esani said...

Great idea. Love your illustrations. Such a great gift.

Crystalyn said...

Your illustration style is beautiful! I love your work.